Compliments And Concerns
Lansdowne Children’s Centre is committed to provide the best possible programs and services to clients and their families. Clients and families are encouraged to express both compliments and concerns with staff or supervisors. At no time should there be concern for intimidation or fear of reprisal. Lansdowne is committed to addressing issues promptly.
To ensure that Lansdowne Children’s Centre deals with concerns promptly, and so that families feel no concern for intimidation or reprisal, the following procedure will be adhered to:
- At intake all clients/families will receive a copy of the Compliments and Concerns Process information.
- Clients and families are encouraged to communicate any compliments with the involved staff member.
- Clients/families who would like to recognize a staff member, team or the Centre, are encouraged to notify the respective Supervisor.
- Clients and families are encouraged to communicate any problems or concerns directly with the involved staff member.
- If the client/family are not fully satisfied, are uncomfortable addressing the concern with the staff member, or wish to have further discussion, they are encouraged to bring the concern to the attention of the staff members’ Supervisor. This may be done in person, by telephone, in writing, or the client/family may also request a meeting with the Supervisor. The Supervisor will acknowledge the concern within one working day of receiving notification.
- If the client/family believes the resolution is not sufficient, they may request the concern be addressed with the Executive Director. This may be done in person, by telephone, in writing, or the client/family may also request a meeting with the Executive Director. The Executive Director will acknowledge the concern within one working day of receiving notification.
- The Executive Director may call a meeting of the relevant parties to assist with problem solving. The group will discuss the concern, collect information, if necessary, and explain what they think can be done about the concern. The group may schedule an appointment for the client/family to attend to discuss the concern as appropriate to the situation. There may also be follow up by sending information to the client/family in writing.
- The decision of the Executive Director will be final and binding on the Centre and the client/family.
- All concerns that result in a meeting with the Executive Director will be reported to the Professional Advisory Committee at its next regularly scheduled meeting.
- For Kids Country Inn purposes only, all verbal complaints and outcomes will be documented in the client file.
Do you have something you wish to let us know now? If so, click HERE.